A flawless pairing of form and function, the Lodge Enameled Dutch Oven is a classic way to both prepare and serve memorable meals. The 6 quart capacity is perfect for pot roasts, scrumptious stews, or a large batch of beans. Broil, braise, bake or roast in the oven up to 500 Degree F. Great for induction cooktops. Sauté, simmer or fry on any stovetop. The right tool to marinate, refrigerate, cook and serve with unparalleled in heat retention and even heating. ENAMEL BASICS: If cookware includes rubber bumpers, set aside and keep for storage. The porcelain (glass) finish is hard, but can be chipped if banged or dropped. Interior protection must be used to prevent chipping if cookware is stacked. There is no exposed cast iron on your enamel cookware. The black cooking surfaces, pot rims and lid rims are matte porcelain. Oil rim after use. Smooth glass surface won't react to ingredients. Use vegetable oil or cooking spray for better cooking and easier cleaning. LET'S COOK: All new cookware should be rinsed and dried thoroughly before your first use. Always lift cookware on smooth-top stoves. Sliding anything can scratch the surface. Be sure to protect your hands, our handles get hot too. Protect counter tops/tables by placing hot cookware on trivets or heavy cloths. Cast iron performs best when heated and cooled gradually. Cast iron has superior heat retention and rarely requires a "high" heat setting. Do not heat an empty enameled Dutch oven. Use wooden, silicon or nylon utensils. Metal can scratch the porcelain. QUICK CARE: Although dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended to preserve the cookware's original appearance.
- A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn't quit, the Lodge Dutch Oven is an enameled cast iron classic that's great for preparing and serving memorable meals.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON? It is actually glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Dimensions : 13.56 L X 10.98 W X 4.68 H inch
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America. All Lodge seasoned cast iron and carbon steel cookware is proudly made in the USA, meaning you’ll get craftsmanship that has been passed down through generations. Lodge Enameled Iron products are made in China to strict metallurgical and casting specifications.
- Measures 10-3/4 inches in diameter by 4-1/2 inches deep